Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2011 Treasure Coast Beer Fest Recap

The 4th Annual Treasure Coast Beer Fest came to Ft. Pierce FL this past weekend, showcasing some of the best craft beers from around the country. In addition many of our local Florida brews made appearances. Breweries such as Dunedin, Holy Mackerel, Swamp Head, Ybor, Cigar City, Orange Blossom Pilsner, Funky Buddha, Tequesta Brewing, Florida Brewing, Due South, Saint Somewhere, and a brand new nano brewery called Pirate Pig. In all there were over 40 different breweries represented, as well as the Treasure Brewmasters Home Brew Club. The event is held in the Ft. Pierce City Hall parking garage. Parking was free on the upper level. Given Florida's propensity for bad weather this time of year this sounded like a rather smart location, but upon arrival it turned out to be a beautifully sunny clear day with temps in the high 70's which left me wishing we were outside. There was a good ratio of draft to bottled beer to sample, and as is the case at most beer festivals the limited edition beers went fast. I'm not much for taking sampling notes, it's all I can do just juggling the camera, my sample mug, chatting with brewery reps and networking the blog. I will say that the one beer did stand out was Hop Gun IPA from Funky Buddha Brewery out of Boca Raton Florida. This was an incredibly well balanced IPA. The fresh hop aroma and taste led me to be leave it may have been dry hopped. The beer is made with a blend  Marris Otter and Caramel malts and comes in at a sessionable 6.5%ABV. I did some checking and fans on RateBeer gave it a well deserved 96 rating. The Funky Buddha is located at  2621 N. Federal Hwy Boca Raton FL. Check them out at: The Funky Buddha for more info. If you have a chance to get to this event next year, do so. Well I guess I'll leave you with my pics from the event.  Cheers!








 
 





 










No comments:

Post a Comment