Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sixpoint Craft Ales Righteous Ale


  It's always a treat to sample beers from out of your area of availability, but even better when the brewery is on your "Beer Bucket List". Wait, "Beer Bucket List"... what a great term! Okay feel free to use it appropriately without a royalty fee. Sixpoint Brewery has been high on my Beer Bucket List for quite some time, so when my girlfriend ventured to Upstate New York the first thing outta my mouth ( before be safe, have fun etc.) was "Sixpoint, Sixpoint, bring back anything from Sixpoint". That's just what she did, and Cheers to her for that! 

 Sixpoint's "Righteous Ale" was her selection and a fine choice at that. Pouring  deep amber red with an off-white head, its crown boasts some pretty large carbonation bubbles and sticky lacing. Its aroma was very mild with hints of spice and a caramel malt backbone. This is about the time where I should mention that this is actually a Rye Ale. Rye imparts a light, dry, spicy character which is often used in Pale Ale's and I.P.A.'s. I found its flavor to be nothing less than Righteous! Pretty bitter at 57 IBU's, with  spicy malt notes and just a tinge of sweetness. I have to admit there's an incredibly long lingering bitterness...(checking the can again, yep 57). Coming in at 6.3% ABV this still makes my "sessionable list". Add to that, that it's just a damn tasty brew. Cheers to Shane and the crew at Sixpoint for their continued belief that "Beer Is Culture".

For more Righteous info visit: Sixpoint Craft Ales




No comments:

Post a Comment